As the government starts to make changes to the coronavirus guidelines, we're able to start relaxing and changing how we've been running Foodshed over the lock down months. From the week beginning 6th July, we'll no longer be handing out food at the door, but inviting people to come upstairs to collect their food. This will be on a one in - one out basis to limit numbers and ensure we're still able to maintain social distancing.
- Continue to queue outside, we'll have limited number of people allowed in at any one time
- Please wash your hands once you enter the building
- We'll be checking you in at the desk, so please bring your referral voucher
- Maintain 2 meters from others
- We'll be able to take small requests for any essential items e.g. baby milk, nappies etc.
If you’re feeling unwell or are self-isolating and still need our support, then we’d ask that you’d send someone else on your behalf.
Any further updates will be posted to this page, and our Facebook page, so please check online first before calling!
Thank you so much for your help and support! We couldn't do what we do without the support of the people and businesses in Stevenage. We have donation baskets around the town in:
- Tesco: Broadwater Superstore, Town Centre
- Co-op: Symonds Green, Oval
- Sainsburys: Correy's Mill
- St Peter's Church
- Grace Community Church
- The Coptic Orthodox Church Centre UK
We often post our most needed items on our Facebook page, but you can't go wrong with tins of meat, veg, potatoes and fruit, cereal, biscuits, UHT milk, tea and coffee.
If you'd like to support us and would like to do so remotely, you can do so via our Bankuet shop. They know exactly what we need and deliver your donations straight to our door. If you're able to set up a monthly subscription, we'd be so grateful for the support. To find out more about Bankuet, click this link.